Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Lesson Summary: June 9, 2013

I Seek Not Mine Own Will, but the Will of the Father  

           Instructor- Aimee Roylance

'There is a course that men and women may pursue wherein there will be no failure. Whatever disappointments may arise or seeming failures may result, there will be in reality no failure, as a general thing."
A young child may feel that "Divorce and failure is your fault" 
Need to set your mind on improvement, not failures.
Sometimes we don't see the impact of our efforts to help others. 
                - Spent a week at girls camp trying to help a trouble youth, thought I had failed.  Later she thanked me for the impact I had in her life.
-I felt like a failure as a daughter, when I saw the disappointment in their face when I joined the church.  But in the eternities they will be grateful.

Our weaknesses are often greatest in our own eyes:
                Inability, incompetency, inadequacy, insufficient
We may be confused at the callings of the Lord, but the Lord knows what he is doing
"We cannot always do what we would like to do, but we shall have the power to do that which we should do."

The Lord knows our potential.  The days are long, but if we trust him we can accomplish what he wants us to do.
He helps us in those moments when we try to do what we don't know is possible.

The Lord has a purpose for us.

No comments: